The Board of Directors of Woman’s Missionary Union of Texas consists of elected officers, the Executive Director-Treasurer of WMU of Texas, two Directors selected from 9 areas around the state, a leader elected by each state language or cultural fellowship recognized by the Board, and up to four members-at-large. Directors are to serve a four year term. These directors are nominated to the board by the Nominating Committee of the Board of Directors.
Regular meetings of the Board of Directors shall be held at least two times a year, the dates, time and place to be designated by the President and Executive Director Treasurer.
Serving as a Director of the WMU of Texas Board.
If you are interested in serving as a Director on the WMU of Texas Board or if you know of someone who would be interested in serving as a Director, please submit the following recommendation form for review.
Criteria for Area Representatives* Who Serve as Members of the Board of Directors of WMU of Texas
Each Area Representative shall:
- Be a member of a local church WMU
- Be a resident member of a church affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas
- Have at least two years of Texas WMU leadership experience
- Commit to attend these meetings annually: two Board meetings, WMU of Texas Annual Meeting
- Remain a resident member of a church in the area she represents