Welcome to the Mary Hill Davis Offering
Last year WMU of Texas launched the tag line, “I am Texas missions” as part of the Mary Hill Davis Offering® promotion. The idea is that every Texas Baptist has a role to play in sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ in our state. It doesn’t matter your age, sex, ethnicity, or if you live in one of our huge cities or small rural towns. God can use everyone in his mission.
How do we know that? Because He tells us in Ephesians 2:10 – The Message
”He creates each of us by Christ Jesus to join him in the work he does,
The good work he has gotten ready for us to do,
Work we had better be doing. “
These words tell us four important things:
- God is our creator, and we are made new through Jesus Christ.
- He is at work and invites us to join Him.
- He has already planned the work for us.
- He wants us to be obedient and do what He has planned for us.
God uses some of us to plant the seed. Others he uses to water. In the end the harvest comes from God. Paul describes us as “Laborers together with God.”
The effectiveness of Texas Baptists in proclaiming the good news of Jesus is enhanced when everyone does what God has planned for them to do in
We want to make this year a different kind of promotion. Four posters in English and in Spanish instead of one will help interpret the theme.
Why does it matter? Because God wants to use us so Everyone Can hear the good news of Jesus from . . .
- Orange to Greenville to Brownsville to Blue Mound to White Deer
- China Grove to Italy to Paris to Denver City to Egypt to Iowa Park to Athens to Atlanta to New Boston.
- Big Spring, Big Sandy, Big Wells
- Moody, to Happy, to Hope, to Joy
- Jefferson, Washington, Lincoln and Johnson
- Everyone Can make Him known from . . .
- Old Glory to New Hope
- From Log Cabin to Sweet Home
- From Twin Sister to Sisterdale
- He wants people in these places and with these names to know Him – Clyde, Donna, Edna, Elbert, Dale, Dawn, Clint, Elsa, Emory, Holly, Irene, Ira, Inez, Jean, Louise, Lydia, Marshall, Mason, Melvin, and Mildred.
Everyone in Texas doesn’t speak English. God desires that everyone in Texas who comes from different countries and cultures have the opportunity to hear His life-giving message in their heart language of . . .
- Zou and many more!
Everyone CAN Pray, Give, Share Go! Will You?
When is the Suggested Week of Prayer for Texas Missions?
The Mary Hill Davis Offering for Texas Missions can be highlighted and celebrated all year round. Traditionally, the suggested week of prayer begins on the second Sunday of September and continues through the third Sunday in September of each year. Thus this year’s emphasis would be highlighted September 8-15,2013. However, depending on your church calendar it might be best to host at another time, i.e. August, end of September or even in October. In order to assist Texas Baptist churches the promotional materials are undated so that each church can use the materials at the time that is best for them.
Join us in celebrating missions giving as an everyday opportunity all year round.
Share your Mary Hill Davis story on Facebook?
Since 1910, Texas Baptists have collected an offering for missions needs in Texas. In 1935, the Texas Offering was named for Mary Hill Davis, president of WMU of Texas and a tireless supporter of Texas missions. Her leadership in various positions spanned the years from 1898 until her death in 1934. Read more about Mary Hill Davis…