Teaching preschoolers of God’s missions message is a joy because you can teach them of the heart of God. What a blessing for a preschooler to come to sense not only that God loves him, but He loves each person in the world and wants all people to know of His great love.
As you lead preschoolers to develop a heart for missions, consider the value of missions awareness and involvement bring to preschoolers, to families, and to churches.
- Preschoolers become aware that God wants everyone to know of His love and not everyone knows of God’s love.
- Preschoolers move from a focus on self to a focus on others.
- Preschoolers gain an awareness of Bible thoughts related to God’s mission.
- Preschoolers apply these Bible thoughts to their lives as they learn to pray, give, and help others.
- Preschoolers gain knowledge of other cultures by learning about missionaries and the people they tell about Jesus.
If your church already has Mission Friends and you need either leadership training or just some advice to help your group grow, please feel free to give us a call. We have a consultant waiting to hear from you. Call us toll free at 1.888.968.6389!
Leadership Training Events
- National WMU now has online leadership training online. Please visit Online Training for more information.
- Empower: Association and Church Missions Leader Training. First two weekends in August for North and South Texas.
- emPower Surge: Regional One-Day Training for New Age-Level leaders. Organization Training determined by training need.
Helpful Tips For Leading Preschoolers
Each child is unique and grows at his own rate. Preschoolers learn in different ways. Of the four basic learning styles, each preschool has a learning style that he tends to favor. Though each preschooler learns through a combination of these styles, he usually shows preference to one. Provide an environment that gives a balance of activities using a variety of learning.
Need To Order Materials?
To order resources for Mission Friends® please visit National WMU’s web store at www.wmustore.com. You can search their website by age-level organization or by WMU® category. Please note that your order will be coming from National WMU® in Birmingham, Alabama and it may take 6-8 weeks for you to receive your order.